Healthy, Affordable, Sustainable Food for All
Together we can build a better food system
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Food Policy Council exists to advocate for policies that build a sustainable, equitable and healthy local food system. The goals of our council are to enhance the health of our citizens, strengthen local economies and market opportunities, and reduce hunger and food insecurity.
Our mission is to strengthen our community by:
- Serving as a forum for discussing food issues
- Building relationships in the food system
- Educating, advocating for, and communicating policy issues
- Acting as a primary information source for food related issues
News and updates
Our news page is your go-to source for the latest news and developments in food policy, the food system, and advocacy in Charlotte-Mecklenburg. Browse our news page to stay informed and up-to-date on the latest trends and issues in our local world of food.
Join us in our mission to improve food policy!
- Learn more about how the food system works, and how you can help make it better.
- Find out how to volunteer with us, so we can work together to make our community a healthier place.
- Find out about opportunities for students interested in becoming leaders in the food policy field.